Sign Up For My ‘If You Want to Sell, Show Don’t Tell’ Webinar: Wednesday, August 1st

Today, people are more visual than ever. So, why are you still talking through some boring old sales pitch instead of showing the customer what it means to do business with you? There is a visual side of selling that you must learn and master in order to catapult your sales to the next level.

In this one-of-a-kind webinar, you will learn:

• The importance of adding visuals to make sales easier
  • How to show your product in a compelling manner
  • What your “sales graphics package” should include

An Answer To A Question on Losing Sales

I recently received a question about losing sales from a man named Roy. I wanted to take some time to share both the question and my answer with you here:

Want to receive more tips from me about hiring, sales, leadership, and other business topics? Click the image below to sign up for my weekly ezine:

Pitches and presentations are the fastest way to turn off a potential customer from wanting to buy, unless you learn how to convey true value. It never ceases to amaze me how many salespeople only present a contrived sales pitch or worse, forget to focus on the message that matters: how the customer will profit from doing business with you.

Presentation Domination is all about engaging and persuading in a compelling manner that will make it easy for your customers to write you a check!

In this one-of-a-kind webinar, you will learn:

• What to say and how to say it
  • How to connect your dialogue with your slideshow
  • To eliminate your boring sales pitch and replace it with a presentation conversation
  • Why speaking in value, profit, and differentiation terms leads to more sales

Your Golden Ticket is Within Your Grasp. You May Already Have It.

NOTE WELL: A golden ticket is NOT a winning lottery ticket. It doesn’t have to be money. But it may lead you to money by turning your gold into wealth.

Here are several areas to evaluate as you begin the search for your golden ticket. There may be several golden tickets you already possess but you haven’t yet realized their value.

1. Communication that’s transferrable. Who is acting on your words?

2. Customers that are loyal and give repeat business without a bid or quote. How many of your customers fit into that category?

3. Customers who give referrals without you asking for them. How many referrals did you earn last month? As many as you wanted? What are you doing about it?

4. Prospective customers who call and want to buy. How many unsolicited referrals did you get last month? Ouch!

5. Followers who re-tweet you. Do you understand the power of Twitter is in the re-tweet?

6. Customers who post positive things on your business Facebook page. Do you even have a business Facebook page?

7. People who watch your videos on YouTube. How many testimonial videos are on your YouTube channel? Not enough!

8. People who ask to connect with you on LinkedIn. Do you have more than 500 connections that you “value message” weekly?

9. People who subscribe to your email magazine. If you’ve been thinking of starting your own e-zine, but you’re not sure where, how, or what, go to www.aceofsales.com. Mystery resolved.

10. People who subscribe to your blog. No blog either? Yikes! Blogspot.com and wordpress.com are both no cost (except for your labor), and come with complete instructions. Launch!

11. Your reputation in your business and in your community. This is more profound. Maybe most profound. What are you known for? What are you known as? What is your image?

12. Your personal assets. Not your material things. Golden tickets are found among your intellect, your health, your personal development, your drive, your dedication, your creativity, and other priceless intangibles.

13. Your inner circle of friends and connections. People who encourage you and lift your spirits. People who help you without expectation.

14. Your YES! Attitude. This is the foundation for finding and taking advantage of your ticket. Your YES! Attitude is not an option. It’s gold.

15. The random acts of kindness you perform. Doing things that make others feel good, make you feel GREAT! They’re the best one-a-day vitamins in the universe.

15.5 Your family. Family strength compounds personal strength. Family is both gold and golden. It’s love at its unconditional best.

Want more tips like this? Visit my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BuyGitomer

Goals Revisited. Met and Unmet. Why You Don’t. And What To Do!

I am sick of goals and goal experts. You know, the people that spam you around the first of the year proclaiming they are the ones who can “help you” get to the next level. They have the magic “goal achievement formula.”

Click here to read onAll you have to do to achieve your goals is pay the sender of the email.

I am not an expert at setting goals. Rather, I’m an achiever.

To me “goal” is the wrong word. It tells me there’s something I HOPE or SEEK to achieve. I think you should call them the “achievements I’m striving for, and intend to make happen.” Whoa! That sounds like a whole different (better) process.

The reason most goals are not met is simple: Starting with the goal is wrong. Making the goal is the middle of the process.

BIG PICTURE: BEFORE YOU MAKE A GOAL, YOU NEED INFORMATION, AND YOU NEED TO DEFINE YOUR OWN REALITY.

Click here to READ ON and learn about the achievement formula and process that will work… 

An Answer To A Question on Hiring Philosophy

I recently received a question about hiring philosophy from a man named David. I wanted to take some time to share both the question and my answer with you here:

Want to receive more tips from me about hiring, sales, leadership, and other business topics? Click the image below to sign up for my weekly ezine:

Are you the leader or just the boss?

The leader of a symphony orchestra knows how to play every instrument. He also knows how those instruments blend together to create a symphonic sound. The leader of a choir knows every note that everybody has to sing, and knows how the voices and notes blend together to make harmony.

They’re actually called “conductors” – but you know what I mean.

When you can take both of these leadership elements and put them together, you have symphonic harmony. You have a team that knows their individual talents, knows their individual notes, knows their lyrics, knows how to play, knows how to sing, and knows their timing of when to do both – to create team harmony. And IF the leader is prepared, in control, and respected, the results can be spectacular.

If you’re the leader of these people and these elements, it is imperative that you know how each player must perform, or you will fail. Same in sales.

All sales leaders and bosses want their people to be a team. All salespeople resist it, because they just want to sell — but they often need other team members (accounting, production, shipping, service) to make it happen.

THE TEAM SECRET IS: Everyone must know his or her own skill and know it perfectly. Until they know themselves, they can’t play well, or sing well with others.

THE LEADERSHIP SECRET IS: To be able to extract the excellence of their people’s performance combined with the excellence of their own performance.

Often salespeople don’t live up to their potential and don’t do their best, or they make mistakes along the way. This is where leadership can make it happen, or break it down and continue with less than stellar performance.

THE LEADERSHIP REALITY IS: If you’re a real leader, you can’t blame the players for poor performance. You have to be the teacher, the conductor, the coach, and the encourager.

On the eve of a symphony performance, thousands of people pay to watch the orchestra AND the conductor perform. And at the end there is usually a thunderous applause, cheers of BRAVO!, flowers given out all over the place, and, at the urging of the conductor, members of the orchestra standing one or two at a time to take individual applause and a bow.

You, as the spectator (the customer), paid for and saw a one-hour performance.

But the outcome was not determined by their performance that evening. The outcome was determined long ago when they were practicing. If they didn’t practice, their performance would not have been acceptable.

Same with you. And the key is the message I’m trying to transfer.Leaders and orchestra members PRACTICED TOGETHER. It’s the same in sales. You can’t just be the boss or the manager. You also have to be the leader by example, and the coach who knows the game.

If you’ve ever seen the video of the immortal UCLA basketball coach, John Wooden, on leadership — you saw him on the court passing the ball to his players at the top of the foul circle leading the weave. He shows his players by example, practicing with them. The more you practice together, the more likely you are to win the championship, or get a standing ovation.

In sales this means go with your people. Make calls with them. Help them make more sales. Be their coach, not their boss.

Your time is as valuable as their time. Invest your time in getting ready to lead and coach your people. Invest your time in preparing new information for your people that they consider valuable. Invest your time in your own personal development by studying attitude and encouragement as two of your self-determining factors of your success.

Here are two more indicators you’re on the winning path:

1. You’re attractive. Not pretty. I’m talking about people calling you up on the phone because they want to work for you. Did you ever have a college professor that everyone would line up for and hope they made it into his class?  The questions you need to ask yourself are:  Who’s willing to line up and wait for me? Who wants to play on my team? Who wants to sell for me?

2. Your former players stay in touch with you. People move on with their careers. I want anyone that leaves to say that you were the best coach, the best leader they ever had. You don’t just win best coach — you win the game of life.

Boss or leader? Boss or coach? Boss or teacher? Boss or encourager? The choices are obvious as they are written. Your challenge is to make them a reality. I hope you do.

Want to share this message with someone else? Send them to this YouTube video I recorded:

How Do You Succeed? It Depends On Who You Expose Yourself To!

Many of my role models are alive, but I haven’t met them. They’re not necessarily role models for who they are, but instead for what they do, and how they have done it. Steve Jobs is at the top of the list. Many of my close friends and relatives also provide a constant source of wisdom and encouragement.

The articles and books I write are spurred from my ideas and what I have learned. I’m passing the condensed version of that wisdom on to you.

I have several role models in business, sales, writing, and personal development. They’re the people I admire. Here is some of their legacy and their wisdom:

* John Patterson (sales and business success). Don’t sell. Create the demand to buy. Before you try to convince anyone else, be sure you are convinced, and if you cannot convince yourself, drop the subject.

* PT Barnum (promotion and public relations). Toot your own horn to attract attention and money. Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well now.

* Orison Swett Marden (success and persistence). Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.

* Dale Carnegie (making friends and public speaking). You can close more business in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.

* Napoleon Hill (attitude and goals). All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.

* Elmer Leterman (creativity and sales). Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.

* Ayn Rand (writing style and philosophy). A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. A desire presupposes the possibility of action to achieve it; action presupposes a goal which is worth achieving. I can’t resist mentioning this bit of her wisdom… Government “help” to business is just as disastrous as government persecution. The only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.

* Earl Nightingale (the Strangest Secret). You become what you think about all day long.

* Groucho Marx (humor). I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.

* Charlie “Tremendous” Jones (speaking and reading). The only difference between where you are right now, and where you’ll be next year at this same time, are the people you meet and the books you read.

* Jocko Henderson (music and communicating). Put rhyme and song in your voice.

* Earl Pertnoy (life’s lessons). Antennas up!

These inspirational mentors have all passed on, but what I have learned from them, and continue to learn from them by reading, studying, and applying their wisdom has helped me to the place and position I am in today.

I’m successful because I listen, I pay attention, I observe, and I have remained a student. And as I get further up the ladder, I study harder and work harder.

“Take it easy” is not in my lexicon. Never will be.

How about you?
Who motivates you?
Who teaches you?
Who inspires you?
Who helps you achieve?

Tell me in the comments section below, or leave a comment on my Facebook page today!

Got Ebooks? (Last Chance)

REALITY: Too many of your emails are never opened. Too many of your emails never get responses. Too few opens and responses means your personal brand is weak.

You can allow these realities to hold you and your sales back, or you can do something about it!

RESOLVE: Start sending emails that rock, instead of emails that suck (like the ones you’ve been sending)! Sign up for a no cost trial of my customer WOW–ing email program Ace of Sales with promo code: EBOOKS by Monday, June 25th.

After you sign up, we’ll send you Three Brand New Ebooks from Andy Horner, my webinar architect and Ace of Sales CEO, that will give you fresh ideas to get more opens and responses, build your brand, and make sales.

Get these new ebooks today!

Three Brand New Ebooks (see a preview)
• Get Responses! 10 Tips to an Irresistible Email
• Open Sesame! Subject Line Magic
• Killer Personal Brand! Create Yours in 3 Steps

Go for it,
Jeffrey